Change of Major

Students who are majoring in one degree program and wish to transfer to another must obtain the approval of both Department Chairpersons before the change becomes official. Forms are available in the SASSC Center Room B2032.

We are guided by the State Education Department's 1984 memorandum, entitled Guidelines on Matriculation and Approved Program for Purpose of State Student Aid. Students are advised to declare a major within 30 days of the end of our established add period of the first semester of the sophomore or junior year. It is suggested that students declare a major as soon as possible, preferably no later than the end of freshman year in two-year programs or sophomore year in four-year programs.